For NUC 5th and 6th Generation units.
- This is a NUC LID 000 with board assembly screwed to the housing.
- PCB - Board include 2 USB 2.0 type A Females with Black Insulators
- 8 Pin Micro connector attached to board for connection to the NUC via an 1 X 8 Pin cable connection or a 2 X 4 cable connection.
Includes 2 cables with the unit :
- 1 X 8 USB Header Cable
- 1 X Dual 1 X 4 Header Cable
Maple Canyon (5th Gen Core i3/i5 - Commercial NUCs)
- i3 SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i3MYHE
- i5 SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5MYHE
Rock Canyon (5th Gen Core i3/i5/i7 - Consumer NUCs)
- i3 short SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i3RYK
- i3 tall SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i3RYH
- i5 short SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5RYK
- i5 tall SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i5RYH
- i7 tall SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5i7RYH
1 X 8 USB header
Swift Canyon (6th Gen Core i3/i5 - Consumer NUCs)
- i3 short SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SYK
- i3 tall SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i3SYH
- i5 short SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYK
- i5 tall SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC6i5SYH
Dual 1 X 4 USB header
Pinnacle Canyon & Grass Canyon (Celeron and Pentium - Consumer NUCs)
- Pinnacle Canyon Celeron SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5CPYH
- Pinnacle Canyon Pentium SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5PPYH
- Grass Canyon Pentium SKU: Intel® NUC Kit NUC5PGYH
1 X 8 USB header
GORITE PN# GR-LID-000
- RecommendReview by Gary Barnet
Quality Shipping Price Service
Purchased 2 of these lids on the 15th September with tracking and they were delivered, well packaged, on the 28th September - excellent postage time from the US to Australia and a low cost for such a quick time.
I fitted these to a 5th gen BOXNUC5i3RYH, and a 6th gen BOXNUC6I5SYH with no problems after watching the video on Microsata's product webpage, just had to use a set of needle-nose pliers to fit the cables due to my big fingers. Also found it easier to remove the NUC base and sata cables completely (with the 2.5" drive adapter) due to these hampering easy access to fit the cables, plus the USB 2.0 header is squashed down in the corner of the motherboard right near the sata headers.
I used a thin metal spludger to remove the original NUC lids - carefully going around the edge, lifting a little each time, until the lid just popped off.
The new lids just clipped in once I had them aligned correctly.
Once fitted, they have the same appearance compared to the original, the only difference is just a small bump through the middle of the lid from front to back with the USB 2.0 ports situated at the rear of the NUC.
When refitting the base, I had to ensure that all (both the sata and USB 2.0) cables were out of the way of the base's corner retaining screw.
Once fitted, they both worked straight away, without having to do anything else.
My two USB dual TV tuners work best in a USB 2.0 port in preference to a USB 3.0 port (for some unknown reason, several functions stop working, for example - scheduled recording), and the other two spare USB 2.0 ports were good for the two Logitech K830 unifying receivers used to operate both NUC's as HTPC's. Thus leaving all 4 original USB 3.0 ports vacant for other purposes. so these came in very handy.
If anyone requires extra USB ports, I highly recommend buying one of these.
(Posted on 9/30/2016)
We are proud to offer an everyday volume discount program. Simply enter the Promo Code: VOLUME in the Cart to receive the following savings.
Save when you spend:
- Spend $100.00 to $499.99, save 5% on your order
- Spend $500 or more and save 10% on your order
- Enjoy Free Shipping on all domestic US orders over $300
- Discounts will be applied with entry of Promo Code "VOLUME" in the Discount Codes section of the shopping cart
- Discounts may not be used with other promotions
- Discounts are based on order subtotals (before tax & shipping)
- Discounts are on the current total order amount only
Don't see exactly what you need?
Our business is built upon our expertise and our ability to respond to special requests. Our philosophy is that "today's special order may become tomorrow's best seller". In fact special orders are part of how we've become the "go-to" supplier for hard to find cables, connectors and adapters.